Tuesday 6 August 2013

Consequences........

Consequences, not really a normal blog title but the reason for this, is that this is the word i have probably used the most over the past 6 weeks! Consequences are something we deal with often but its only till now that i have learnt to actually deal with and understand the Consequences of my actions. 
I mentioned in my last blog post about a book called boundaries and i will say it again (now that i have officially finished the book) it is amazing. I have learnt so much from this book it brings healthy challenge to your life, not only does it challenge you on your boundaries with yourself, fiends, family, work and God it gives you lots of practical help on how to develop good healthy boundaries. 
Anyway book review over.... the reason i mention this is along side boundaries this book also mentions Consequences and punishment and it highlights the difference and it really hit home with me.

Life changing book
For so long i would find myself saying Why am i being punished? or God are you punishing me for what i did? After a recent event that took place in my life after a silly rash selfish decision i made to do something that could have been tragic, i have been having to deal with the Consequences of my action. The difference is i don't feel like i am being punished by anyone. on pervious occasions when i have made silly decisions i have always felt the people round me have been punishing me but actually they were still loving and supporting me but there were Consequences to my actions that i had to face and i didn't want to, i guess you could say i was just being immature and 'wanting my cake and eating it' Even though this dealing with Consequences stuff has been horrible God has been teaching me a lot and actually sometimes it takes us dealing with your Consequences to learn our lesson and change our behaviour. Even though i've missed out on some things i've been waiting a long time for i've learnt so much that i needed to learn i just hope i remember. It has not been an easy time but i am so grateful for all the amazing people in my life in the north and the south that love and support me despite my behaviour. I am looking forward to going back to the north even sharing a room! i miss my sister Gaby!  sometimes it takes almost losing everything to see what you have. Normally i would say what a load of rubbish and moan about how should realise what you got before it gets to that but i definitely know for me that i appreciate everything i have a whole lot more than i ever did! I cant wait for september to come around and for me to get back to work and the family that i live with who i know love me for who i am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...